BC’s Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations is in the process of reviewing log export policy.
The PFLA is engaged in this process and welcomes your questions and suggestions.
Here’s some information we thought you might find useful.
At the Log Export Policy Meeting, held July 20th in Richmond BC, Tom Niemann gave a presentation summarizing the log export situation in BC.
The presentation included:
- a brief history of log export legislation.
- a synopsis of the review of BC log export policy in 2006.
- an assessment of what’s changed in BC’s forest sector since 2006
You can click on the arrows below to view the complete presentation:
- A report on log exports that BC Stats published just before the July 20th meeting is found here.
- Log export data, within a broader set of statistics for the BC forest industry, can be found at Forest Industry Snapshots, BC Forest Exports and Markets, or at the ministry’s Forest Sector Economic Analysis website.
As mentioned at the meeting, the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations is happy to receive written submissions, suggestions, and input.
Please send your comments, by Aug. 8th, 2011, to: Forests.CompetitivenessBranch@gov.bc.ca
If you have any other questions, or want more information, leave us a comment below—we’ll get back to you.